Monday, October 7, 2013

Introduction to Grunge





Fall fashion is a the most inspiring type of fashion to me, I don’t think there is any coincidence that Veronica and I decided to start a blog just in time to cover all the beautiful trends spilling out from the glossy pages of fashion magazines. For those who don’t live in sunny Southern California, I know some of you must be bored by now having to exchange your floral cotton sundress for pea coats when the warmth of summer disappears. Trust me, this year you can be sure to feel feminine in layers and boots!



Some of my favorite trends this year derive from the most classic pieces. The Peplum, I might be speaking too soon here but I’m just going to just say it. After a long hiatus, it’s here to stay. Also emerald green is making the way into almost every collection I’ve seen, it’s been used in evening gowns to suits. I think it is the perfect mix of drama and sophistication. Trends this year are inspired from all types of vintage, the A-line silhouettes used by Rochas and Prada to name a few, are stemmed right out of Dior’s New Look from 1947. We also have grunge, which leads us to this week’s post.

If you are someone born in the 90’s, there is a very likely chance you already LOVE the style that is inspired by the grunge movement. I however, am not one of these 90’s kids. BUT, that does not mean I haven’t been paying attention and slowly falling in love with the grunge inspired ensembles making their way down the runway. From Versace and Saint Laurent it’s amazing how they turned the greasy apathetic look of grunge into straight up glam.

For this week’s look we wanted to portray how we would do an everyday modern grunge look.


 The dress you see me wearing in these photos is by Silence and Noise from the Urban Outfitters sale rack. I bought it about 3 years ago. I was still in high school and loved the slits on the side of the dress. I didn’t even think about just doing them myself in one of the other 100 little black dresses I have, but I say it ended up working out for this shoot!


 The flannel is a vintage piece I found in the depths of my Dad’s closet when we decided to do a grunge inspired look. I’d say you can find one anywhere from Goodwill to H&M for a reasonable price. I feel like any flannel plaid piece sets and gives off the grunge vibe.



 The tights I bought at Nordstrom Rack for under $5 they are my first purchase of anything designed by the Jessica Simpson line. They go really well with this look and can be easily paired with a cute skirt or dress to go out in for a more formal look



The boots are by the lovely Steve Madden. I swear the man knows more what women want more than women do themselves. These boots particularly are from Macy’s and are the perfect mix of fall and badass. The metal work on them is unique and is great with everyday looks

Check back next week for this look out together with Veronica's make up post below!

Thanks for reading! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment