Monday, October 7, 2013

The Statement Lip



After looking through all of the popular fall trends on the runway Samantha and myself planned on showing a few different looks of the season. To kick things off I've decided to start out with a look that to me, just embodies fall. I may not actually be a vampire...but I sure like to think I am and nothing entertains this thought quite like a bold vampy lipstick. Which is why I will be showing you all how to conquer a majestic, beautiful, and relatively simple look that I like to call the "Statement Lip". This look focuses on the lips so I like to keep the rest of the face fairly simple. Which is what makes this a great choice for even the busiest of women. Enough of my blabbing, lets get started on the makeup!






I started out by applying foundation. I achieved this look using Mac's face and body foundation and makeup forever cream foundation as a concealer. Since I was going with a more flawless complexion I set the creams with Mac's studio fix powder foundation. I chose a higher level of coverage for the sake of the photos, for daytime wear I would recommend a more light weight foundation; face and body on its own is very light weight so perhaps just using that with a regular loose translucent setting powder would work nicely.




For the eyes I started with a mix of two light nude/brown shades by Yaby and dusted the mixture all over the lid from the lash line up to the crease. I then added an inner corner and brow highlight with a blend of gold and white shimmery shadows also by Yaby.



To add some slight definition at the lash line I smudged a dark brown shadow on the upper and lower lash line. I avoided black as to not make the eyes too harsh. Let the focus remain on the lips!



Next I added some mascara and defined Samantha's brows. (Mascara: Mac Plush Lash)



I wanted to add a slight contour but nothing too dramatic so I applied a matte bronzer by Girlactik in "Casablanca" with a very light hand.




I added a touch of some highlighting product by Inglot to the tops of the cheekbones. This one in particular puts a stopper in my heart....I'm a sparkly highlight product fiend and I have zero shame about it. Lastly I applied a wine lipstick by Ben Nye in the shade "Sangria". Any deep plum, berry. or red will do the trick. I personally have a love for all deep bold lipsticks so have at it!





Voila!! A simple, beautiful look for fall!
Please check back Thursday for our complete look with photos of the outfit, makeup, and hair!
Thanks for reading my pretties!



-Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment