Monday, October 14, 2013

Interview With The Vampire




Why hello there my fangtastical frightful friends! Welcome to the first installment of our All Hallows Eve series! Today I will be showing you all how to transform yourselves into a simple, sultry, blood sucking vampire! This look is basic, classic, effective, and great for those who are in a last minute party pinch! To be honest it really isn't Halloween for me if I don't watch a good Vampire film. So even if you aren't going to be one this year check out a classic vampire film and you may find your self doing a little pre-planning for next year! ;)
Now lets get started!




Step 1: The key to being a convincing vampire is pale skin. However, instead of the traditional pure clown white face I like to achieve pale skin with a mixture of white and a very light ivory foundation. This will help make things look a little more realistic. I then set my foundation with some powder and contoured my cheeks, temples, and jaw. Be sure to use a cool toned shade for contouring, you want to look like the life was sucked out of you.... Literally!



Step 2: Moving on to the eyes! I took a reddish mauve eye shadow and smudged it along my lower lash line. You want to look as tired as possible so while you're at it exaggerate bags and lines under your eyes with a matte purple shadow.


Step 3: I used a shimmery taupe shade for the inner third of my lid, a shimmery charcoal as a transitioning shade for the center of the lid, and a matte black for the outer third of the lid. Taking that same matte black, smoke out the crease of the eye. Next you highlight your brow bone with a matte white shadow and smudge some of the black shadow along the lower lash line.



Step 4: Define the brows and try to make them a little sharper, bolder, and darker if possible. This will give your overall appearance a little more intensity. To keep with the intensity add some DRAMATIC winged liner. Make the wings as dramatic as you wish but as in most cases of life; the bolder the better. Apply some mascara and black liner to the water line and your eyes are done!



Step 5: Time for veins! Ahhh yes! VEINS!! This is one of my favorite traits for a vampire though not all vampires you see in films have them. These ever so slightly visible veins add a little extra character to your vampire. I used teal and purple eyeliner pencils with a light hand and drew veiny lines all over my face and neck. To soften the lines and make them a touch more translucent, I dusted a bit of setting powder on top of them. In the picture you see how faint they are. If you are going for something more theatrical use a heavier hand when drawing the lines.

Step 6: Now...Lips! Before you apply your lipstick be sure to put your fangs in. This will be far more difficult once you lips are on. I used Scarecrow fangs which can be found at just about any Halloween shop. I love these because you mold them to fit your own teeth perfectly so they stay in better. As for lips I used one of my favorite lip combos to get a nice deep bloody red.
Sonia Kashuk Lip Liner: China Red
Revlon Lipstick: Black Cherry
MAC Lipstick: Russian Red



Step 7: Now just splash some blood around your mouth and you are set to scare!




I hope you all enjoyed this ghoulish little treat with many more to come! Thank you for stopping by!
All Hallows Wishes!
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment