Monday, October 14, 2013

Vamporize


 It’s the most magical time of the year:
Halloween!
We are so excited to start introducing to you our DIY costume ideas! Of course these looks are just to get your ghoul juices started, think of these ideas as a template for you to go off of to create your own spooky masterpiece of a costume.
Our First and foremost costume is our favorite mythical folklore creature, the Vampire! We decided to go with a more Anne Rice sort of vampire, simple and elegant. I love the thought of a vampire waking up after hundreds of years of slumber getting up and ready to go slink about town after centuries. They have no idea what is “trending” but they are always ridiculously dressed to kill with their lavish textiles adorned with every piece of jewelry they own.

So here is how you can create that avant-garde and blasé look of a blood thirsty Vampire for your Halloween festivities this year:



The dress I used for this look is just a simple velvet Marian & Maral dress that was my Mom’s in the 90’s. It’s basic enough to pair it with any sort of accessory that you have but the velvet gives of the formal and chic vibe, that a vampire. 



 If you are going to be a vampire, you need to have a cape. I don’t care what anyone says. So I used this crushed velvet one from Target. You can get one like this or just a plain cotton one from anywhere during this time of year. Or they are also really easy to make! I also tied a satin ribbon over the cotton ties on this cape for a more lavish look. 


 Like I said earlier, I love the idea of a ton of jewels on a vampire.  Like they have been collecting the sparkling ornate relics over their life time… So I used almost all vintage pieces to achieve the ancient look. The earrings are the only things not vintage, the pink rhinestone drop earrings are by the lovely Betsey Johnson. 


As a Vampire, you must get your strut on in a pump or stiletto. Vampires didn't walk around in flip flops or "comfy flats". I put Veronica in sleek black platform pumps by Qupid. I feel like you should go for more of an understated shoe, nothing that will take away or over add to all the jewelry in this look. If you insist on wearing flats go with a lace up boot of some sort. As for hosiery I used my favorite pair of blood red fishnets, I thought they were just perfect for the look. Of course, any fishnet stockings or lacy thigh highs will pull the look together with a little sultriness.  

Enjoy our first look! Check back on Thursday to check out the next costume we've brewed up for you lovelies! 
DIY or DIE 
-Samantha 


No comments:

Post a Comment